- Italian #NextGenATP star Jannik Sinner, 19, makes his ATP Tour final debut against Canadian Vasek Pospisil, 30, who is appearing in his third career final (0-2). This is a first-time meeting. Both players have defeated two seeds en route to the final. Sinner beat  de Minaur in QF and  Mannarino in SF while Pospisil ousted  Struff in 2R and  Millman in QF.
- By reaching the final, Sinner is the youngest:
Finalist from Italy in the Open Era.
Finalist since Felix Auger-Aliassime (18, 2019 Stuttgart).
IF he wins, will become the youngest ATP Tour champion since Kei Nishikori (18, 2008 Delray Beach).
- The winner will become the first player from their respective country to win an ATP Tour title this season. Canada is 0-5 in finals and Italy is 0-4 in title matches.
- First-Time ATP Champions (5): Sinner or Pospisil will become the sixth first-time ATP Tour winner this season.
Here are the five first-time winners (5-10 in finals):
Player Age Tournament
Ugo Humbert 21 Auckland
Casper Ruud 21 Buenos Aires
Thiago Seyboth Wild 19 Santiago
Miomir Kecmanovic 21 Kitzbuhel
John Millman 31 Nur-Sultan
- Unseeded Champions (6): Sinner or Pospisil will become the seventh unseeded winner on the ATP Tour this season:
Player Tournament Ranking
Ugo Humbert Auckland No. 57
Jiri Vesely Pune No. 107
Thiago Seyboth Wild Santiago No. 182
Miomir Kecmanovic Kitzbuhel No. 47
Laslo Djere Sardinia No. 74
Ugo Humbert Antwerp No. 38
- Tournament Statistical Comparison: Both players have played well in both areas of their game, ranking in the Top 10 in four of the service categories and return of serve categories this week:
|Sofia Open||Jannik Sinner||Vasek Pospisil|
|Aces||21 (6)||37 (1)|
|1st-Serve Points Won||79% (2)||84% (1)|
|Service Games Won||93%, 41 of 44 (2)||94%, 45 of 48 (1)|
|Break Points Saved||83%, 15 of 18 (1)||80%, 12 of 15 (T3)|
|1st-Serve Return Points Won||34% (3)||37% (2)|
|2nd-Serve Return Points Won||57% (2)||49% (10)|
|Return Games Won||33%, 14 of 43 (2)||30%, 14 of 46 (3)|
|Break Points Converted||41%, 14 of 34 (7)||47%, 14 of 30 (3)|